This is the easiest banana chocolate chip muffin recipe you will ever make! They are sweet, chocolaty, and easy to eat. Who wouldn’t love a muffin like that? And they are a one-bowl muffin recipe, which makes them all the sweeter.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Are Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Easy to Make?
Yes! You only need one bowl, a fork, and a spatula for stirring the muffin mix. Banana chocolate chip muffins shouldn’t be complicated! They should be easy and yummy. And these muffins are just that!
How to Make This Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- First, peel and mash 2 very ripe bananas. Next, add the Greek yogurt, egg, and both sugars. Stir until combined.
- Next, add all of the dry ingredients and gently stir just until the batter comes together.
- Portion into muffin liners or muffin pan, and bake for 12-16 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the pan as soon as they come out of the oven and let cool before eating.
How Ripe do Bananas Need to be for Banana Muffins?
We don’t have to go overboard on the ripe bananas here! The bananas need to be brown and spotty with some yellow still. They will smell really sweet, but the entire peel doesn’t need to be brown.
If the bananas are completely brown, this means that they are more sugary and sweet. That is fine if you want an overly sweet muffin, but I prefer a good balance with the added sugar so it’s not too sweet.
Essential Baking Tools for These Muffins
- A standard muffin pan (this is my favorite pan for baking)
- Cupcake liners if desired
- A good spatula for mixing the banana muffin batter
- Large cookie scoop (3 tablespoon scoop)
- 2 ripe bananas (equal to 1 cup mashed banana)
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with liner or spray with non-stick spray.
- Peel and mash 2 ripe bananas that are yellow with plenty of brown spots. The bananas do not need to be completely brown on the peel.
- Once bananas are thoroughly mashed with only a few small chunks left, add the yogurt, egg, sugar, and brown sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and gently fold until ingredients come together. Don’t over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough!
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 12-16 minutes.
- The muffins are done when you touch the tops and they spring back. If your finger leaves a dent, then they need another minute or two.
- Flip muffins out of the pan when they come out of the oven, and let them cool. These muffins can be eaten warm or cool.
Keywords: banana chocolate chip muffins, banana muffins with chocolate chips