- 2 ripe bananas (equal to 1 cup mashed banana)
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with liner or spray with non-stick spray.
- Peel and mash 2 ripe bananas that are yellow with plenty of brown spots. The bananas do not need to be completely brown on the peel.
- Once bananas are thoroughly mashed with only a few small chunks left, add the yogurt, egg, sugar, and brown sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and gently fold until ingredients come together. Don’t over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough!
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 12-16 minutes.
- The muffins are done when you touch the tops and they spring back. If your finger leaves a dent, then they need another minute or two.
- Flip muffins out of the pan when they come out of the oven, and let them cool. These muffins can be eaten warm or cool.
Keywords: banana chocolate chip muffins, banana muffins with chocolate chips