This quick and easy granola is sooo yummy! It’s simple, sweet, crunchy, and nutty. It has just the perfect amount of sweetness to contrast the nutty almonds and toasted oats. This granola is sure to knock your socks off every time!
What is Granola?
Granola always has a base of rolled oats. To the oats, we add nuts, dried fruit if desired, and seeds(such as pumpkin or sunflower seeds).
In order to add moisture and to give granola its crunch, we use brown sugar, oil, and maple syrup. Baking is the key to getting that wonderful crunch texture and extra depth of flavor from the toasted nuts and oats.
Just a Quick Note
This quick and easy granola is so good you might just eat it every day from now on…seriously though, I usually eat this granola 5 days a week…sometimes 7. It’s super good all on its own, but it goes really well with vanilla Greek yogurt and berries!
It’s also yummy with peaches and yogurt during peach season. And if you really want to keep it simple, just eat it as cereal with some milk. There is really no wrong way to eat this granola! Just be sure to hide some so your family doesn’t eat it all before you get to enjoy some.
Case in point- I made a batch and a half of this recipe for a weekend camping trip with a couple of my husband’s sisters and their families, and they demolished the granola in 2 days.
Tips for Making Quick and Easy Granola
- Rolled oats are a must for this recipe. Quick oats won’t produce the same results and will be altogether disappointing, so use whole rolled oats for that perfect texture.
- Maple syrup adds sweet flavor and moisture to the granola. This isn’t one where you can skimp and use fake syrup. Use REAL maple syrup every time.
- This recipe uses vegetable oil to moisten the oats. While you can probably use other oils, I can’t guarantee the same results or flavor since I haven’t tried other oils yet.
- Sliced almonds are perfect in this recipe because they are thin but still substantial. Can you use chopped almonds? Sure, but why go through the work when you can buy them perfectly sliced?!
- This granola is pretty straight forward. The most important part of the recipe is combining all ingredients before adding the oats to the mixture. Otherwise, it is more difficult to evenly coat the oats with the moist ingredients.
Quick and Easy Granola
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 7 cups 1x
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 and put oven rack in the middle position in the oven.
- Combine maple syrup, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, salt, and almonds in a big bowl and stir until mixed.
- Add oats and stir until all of the oats are coated.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the oats in the pan. Use the back of a spoon or measuring cup to press the oats evenly into the pan so the granola is compact and flat.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, turning the pan 180 degrees at the 20 minute mark. The granola will be golden brown when finished.
- Remove from oven and allow the granola to cool for an hour. Break granola into pieces when cool and store in an airtight container. Can be stored for a couple of months in a cool dry place.
*Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen.
Keywords: Granola, Quick and Easy Granola, Make Ahead Granola