Is there anything more refreshing than homemade lemonade? This recipe for blackberry lemonade with a lime twist is a beautiful take on a classic drink, and it’s just as refreshing. It’s even more interesting to drink that basic lemonade because the tart lemon, sweet berries, and hint of lime create an amazing flavor combination that is sooo good! In fact, this is my new go-to lemonade because the flavor is unbeatable. Read below for the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
What Makes the Best Blackberry Lemonade the Best?
One of the most important parts of making blackberry lemonade is getting the balance right. Not enough blackberry and it’s basically just lemonade that whispers blackberry. If you add too much blackberry, however, you can’t taste the lemon at all!
The trick is to balance the two ingredients so that you can taste both flavors really well. If I were to explain this as a ratio, it would be 1ish:16. Yes, so precise, I know! When I make a glass, I always start with 1/2 a tablespoon of blackberry simple syrup and 1 cup of lemonade. You can add more blackberry if desired, but a little goes a long way!
So if I’m doing my math right, then it would really be like a ratio of 1:32. I know that seems way off balance, but it’s not, I promise.
And don’t forget to add a small lime wedge to your glass right before drinking it. If you are uncertain, try a sip without the lime, and then try a sip with it. Either way, the blackberry lemonade is delightful, but it’s even better with the lime!
How to Make Refreshing Blackberry Lemonade
- First, make the blackberry syrup and chill for at least 4 hours so it’s nice and cold.
- Next, mix the lemon juice, sugar, and water in a pitcher and chill for 2 hours.
- To drink, mix blackberry syrup with the lemonade in individual glasses.
- Add ice, fresh or frozen blackberries, and a lime wedge to boost the flavors of the lemon and blackberry.
How to Make Blackberry Simple Syrup
Blackberry simple syrup is a combination of sugar, blackberries, water, and lemon zest. We combine all of the ingredients in a pot, bring them a boil, and then simmer until the berries break down completely.
Strain the syrup so that no berries remain. Refrigerate for a few hours, and you have delicious blackberry simple syrup!
Other Recipes You’ll LovePrint
Blackberry Lemonade with a Lime Twist
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4–5 servings 1x
- Category: drinks
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cups frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbs water
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, pulp removed (add a few more Tbs for tart lemonade)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- Fresh blackberries
- Lime wedges or slices
To Make the Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer on medium low heat for 10 minutes. Use the back of a spoon to press the juice out of the berries occasionally while they are simmering.
- You know the syrup is done when the blackberries fall apart easily and can be mashed with little effort.
- Strain the mixture so that only the blackberry simple syrup remains. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to thoroughly chill.
To Make the Homemade Lemonade
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves. Chill for at least 2 hours so that the lemonade is really cold.
To Make Blackberry Lemonade with a Lime Twist
- Pour 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of blackberry syrup into the bottom of a drinking glass. Start with 1/2 a tablespoon and add more as needed after adding the lemonade. A little blackberry goes a long way since the flavor is so concentrated.
- Add 1 cup of lemonade to the glass and stir. Add as much ice as you would like, some fresh or frozen blackberries, and a small squeeze of a lime wedge.
- The lime is completely optional, but it really boosts the flavor of the lemon and blackberries, making it one of the best lemonades I’ve ever tasted. Enjoy!
This is a Baker Street Society original recipe. If you choose to use this recipe or alter it for your own purposes(blog, website, etc.), please give credit as this is the honest thing to do.
Keywords: blackberry lemonade, homemade lemonade