Is there anything better than cozy hot chocolate and a warm blanket on a cold winter’s day? This homemade hot chocolate mix is so easy and so good. No reason to buy the canned stuff anymore when you can whip up a batch in under 5 minutes!
Best Type of Cocoa Powder to Use
I tested this recipe with Dutch process and regular cocoa powder, and I was very surprised by what I thought.
Usually, Dutch process cocoa powder always wins out in my book, but not this time. The flavor of the regular cocoa blended better with the other ingredients, and it was the clear winner.
Ghiradelli makes some of the BEST cocoa powder out there, but use your favorite brand if you can’t find Ghiradelli. You should be able to find it at any Super Walmart though.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Hot Chocolate Instructions
- Add 3-4 Tablespoons of hot chocolate to a mug.
- Heat 1 cup of milk for 90 seconds and pour into mug.
- Stir and top with fresh whipped cream, chocolate shavings, peppermint, etc.
- Try using this hot chocolate mix in these Hot Chocolate Bombs. They are so fun to make, and they make amazing gifts for the holidays.
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup powered milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon(optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Milk(for making a mug of hot chocolate)
- Mix all ingredients together. Sift if desired, but all ingredients will melt in the hot chocolate once you add milk.
- Add 3-4 Tablespoons of the hot cocoa mix to a mug. Heat 1 cup of milk in the microwave for 90 seconds and add to mug. Stir and add favorite toppings!
- This recipe works great in these homemade hot chocolate bombs too.
This is a Baker Street Society original recipe.
Keywords: homemade hot chocolate mix, hot cocoa mix, hot cocoa with cinnamon