On those hot summer days, nothing beats an ice cold dessert, especially the best strawberry ice cream. This recipe will have everyone begging for more, but don’t take my word for it. Make this delicious ice cream and see for yourself! Read below for the recipe and details.
What’s in This Ice Cream Recipe?
The base of this strawberry ice cream recipe is a slight variation of this vanilla bean ice cream. To that we add strawberry puree and strawberry chunks before churning the ingredients. We then finish it off by drizzling in some puree to create strawberry ripple ice cream, and it’s so delicious!
History of Strawberry Ice Cream
While we can’t be 100% sure, there are many sources that suggest that strawberry ice cream made its first debut at the dinner for the second inauguration of President James Madison in 1813.
Can you imagine how exciting that must have been? We have so many recipes and desserts so easily accessible to us, but in 1813, it’s wasn’t like you could get ice cream, let alone berry ice cream, at every grocery store.
What Makes This Recipe so Good?
So glad you asked! Well for starters, we use an altered version of the best vanilla bean ice cream recipe out there, and it’s super quick and easy to make. With good vanilla extract or vanilla bean and other pure ingredients, you get a really pure and wonderful taste. Ice cream shouldn’t require a lot of ingredients, but it should include high quality ones.
As a side note, I always like to give variations and options for recipes because I know that we all have different preferences. So while some might love the idea of the pineapple, maybe another person might just want the sweet taste of strawberries. To which I would say, “You do you!”
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream with a Ripple
- Combine the ingredients and a portion of the pureed strawberries and strawberry chunks. Chill mixed ingredients in the fridge for an hour before mixing.
- Mix in the mixer according to ice cream maker directions.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer container while alternately drizzling in the remaining puree so that it creates ripples and ribbons.
- Freeze for a few hours to firm up the ice cream and enjoy!
Essential Kitchen Tools
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Quick and Easy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream with Salted Caramel
- Tropical Popsicles
The BEST Strawberry Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 quart 1x
For the Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
- 3/4 cups strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup small strawberry chunks (strawberries that have been roughly blended)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree + 2 Tbs sugar (for the ripple)
To make the Strawberry Ice Cream
- Combine all ingredients (except ripple ingredients) in a bowl and whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes to dissolve sugar. Refrigerate for 1-2 hour to thoroughly chill the ingredients.
- Mix icing cream in mixer according to mixer directions. Ice cream will mix roughly for 15-20 minutes, depending on the machine.
- Mix the 1/4 cup strawberry puree and 2 tablespoon sugar for the ripple while the ice cream is mixing, an allow the ripple to sit for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times so that the sugar dissolves completely.
- When the strawberry ice cream finishes mixing, pour it alternately with the strawberry puree into a bowl or container so that there are ribbons of strawberry throughout the ice cream.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours to fully set the ice cream, and enjoy!
This is a Baker Street Society original recipe
Keywords: strawberry ice cream, strawberry ripple